Friday, December 28, 2012

HOW LONG WILL YOU WAIT, O MY SOUL!




HOW LONG WILL YOU WAIT, O MY SOUL!  

From the inspiration of Ezekiel (7)  


Your voice, O my God, never stopped! 
It warns me: The end is near!
As the Architect of the whole world, You know its mysteries.
You confirm to me, that heaven and earth will disappear.
Yet, with my idiocy, I remain slothful and negligent.

Until when will you wait, O my soul?!
Will you escape to the mountains?
They are shaking!
Do You lean on your friends?
All hands will be feeble,
And all knees will be like water!

Do you trust in your silver and gold? They will not deliver you!
Do you lean upon the formalities and letters of worship?
Your God seeks the heart and depths!
Do you lean on authority? Everything will come to an end!
Until when will you wait, O my soul?! 


Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of The Book of Ezekiel




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter