Saturday, August 4, 2012

THROUGH YOUR LOVE YOU INSCRIBED ME ON YOUR PALMS



THROUGH YOUR LOVE
YOU INSCRIBED ME ON YOUR PALMS


From the inspiration of Ezekiel (4)

You counted me as Your beloved Jerusalem, and the holy Zion.
But with my sins and the abominations of my heart,
I became inscribed on a clay tablet.
I became despised; sunk in mud.
By my negligence, the enemy surrounded me, and destroyed my walls.
You, who wishes to make Your fiery Spirit a wall for my life!

O Father, You have stretched  Your divine arm;
Having sent to me Your Son incarnated,
To cleanse me of dust, to grant me Your fiery Spirit,
And to carry me up to Your bosom.

My sin took away my vitality; I became as though paralyzed;
Sometimes reclining on my left side, struck by evil;
And sometimes reclining on my right side struck by self-righteousness.

My sin deprived me of fulfillment;
Turning my inner Paradise into utter poverty.
Who will rescue me from this famine,
But You, O the fulfillment of my soul?!


Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of The Book of Ezekiel


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter