Friday, March 16, 2012

So That I May Enjoy The Banquet Of Your Love



So That I May Enjoy The Banquet Of Your 
Love,
I Do Not Desire The Banquets Of The 
World. 




From the inspiration of Daniel (5)

Belshazzar dared to defile the holy vessels,
and with ignorance I defile my body, Your precious vessel!
Let me enjoy the banquet of Your love, may Savior,
so that I do not desire the banquets of the world!

Your hand was stretched to declare Your judgment of Belshazzar.
Let Your fiery Spirit write the words of Your love in my heart,
so that I may not desire any wise person in the world,
but I may seek Daniel, Your prophet,
and hear Your divine voice inside me!

Daniel despised all the gifts of the king and did not desire richness or authority,
then You gave him grace in the eyes of Cyrus to support Your people in their captivity,
When do I despise the temporal matters?
When do I obtain You,
the treasure of my soul and her inner glory?!
Behold I am in Your hands,
use me as You wish! 


Fr. Tadros Malaty
From the Inspiration of the Book of Daniel    

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Comments

My Blog List

Twitter